Our pathway towards better health, better lives, Whānau Ora.
The Southern district is a vast landscape, where resourceful and capable people have built health care structures to enable us to take care of each other.
What have our people asked for?
- Better coordinated care across providers, with less wasted time
- Care closer to home
- Communication that makes sense and is respectful
- A calm, compassionate and dignified experience
By 2026: We work in partnership to build:
A health enabling society within which we deliver:
- Quality coordinated care
- More accessible, extensive primary and community care
- The right secondary and tertiary care when it’s needed (including the new Dunedin Hospital)
This is made possible by considering:
So that our people:
- are healthier and take greater responsibility for their own health
- stay well in their own homes and communities
- with complex illness have improved health outcomes.
How will we get there?
Via the Southern Strategic Health Plan. For more information on our strategic areas, see the related pages below.