Alcohol harm reduction
This content brought to you by:
Our Health Promotion Advisors work in partnership with licensing inspectors, local police, community groups and other organisations to develop projects and support community-led initiatives to minimise addiction and alcohol related harm in the community.
Our Health Promotion Advisors work in partnership to minimise addiction and alcohol related harm in the community by:
- Reducing the supply of alcohol to under 18 year olds
- Reducing intoxication in licensed premises
- Reducing alcohol sponsorship and advertising
- Advocacy on legislation
Key Projects include:
Game On: supporting rugby clubs to implement alcohol harm reduction strategies
- Afterball Guidelines: Supporting the implementation of host responsibility strategies
- Drink Safe Workshops: training staff from licensed premises about host responsibility
- No Safe Limit: online resources to support whanau to delay the initiation of young people drinking alcohol
- Good One Party Register: providing host responsibility advice and supporting positive relationships between party organisers and police (partners include NZ Policem Otago University, Otago University Students Association and Red Frogs)
- The Plan: supporting parents to minimise the amount of alcohol available to young people
For more information, contact your nearest health promotion advisor.