Alcohol harm reduction
Our Health Promotion Advisors work in partnership with District Licensing Agencies, local police, community groups and other organisations to develop projects and support community-led initiatives to minimise addiction and alcohol related harm in the community.
Our Health Promotion Advisors work in partnership to minimise addiction and alcohol related harm in the community by:
- Reducing the supply of alcohol to under 18 year olds
- Reducing intoxication in licensed premises
- Reducing alcohol sponsorship and advertising
- Advocacy on legislation
Key Projects include:
- ”Get into it not out of it” (South Island): to reduce intoxication attributed to alcohol service in licensed premises.
- After Ball Party Project: promoting youth to party safely and parents to be involved
- Drink Safe Workshops: training Staff from licensed premises about host responsibility
- Youth Access to Alcohol project (YATA): Community action groups.
- Staff Orientation ‘Sale of Liquor Act’ Package
For more information, contact your nearest Health promotion advisor.