Benefits of joining us
We have a variety of benefits and discounts that as an employee of Working at Health New Zealand | Te Whatu Ora - Southern you can access when you start. We also have access to a gym and library on site at Dunedin Hospital, access to inhouse training and development as well as access to clinical resources, Staff Welfare Trust Holiday Homes programme and confidential counselling services.
We have an absolute commitment to zero tolerance to bullying in the workplace. Speak Up is our programme to raise awareness, educate and facilitate the eradication of bullying in our workplaces.
Learning & Professional Development
At Health New Zealand | Te Whatu Ora - Southern we value and invest in your personal development. We offer a range of essential and optional training and development that focuses on setting staff up for success in their current jobs as well as preparing our people for future roles and responsibilities. We value your learning and we want to ensure that you keep up to date with the necessary skills and competencies to carry out and improve your work, to personally grow and to succeed and make a contribution to the team. Our learning and development forms part of our strategic goals, leadership dimensions and strategic drivers for leadership and is designed to align group and individual goals and performance with the overall values, vision and goals of Health New Zealand | Te Whatu Ora - Southern. Our workforce's capabilities, skills and competencies have been created so that Southern has a high-performing culture, and so that you can be successful now and into the future.
Some of our sites have free parking on site or nearby. We encourage cyclists and have secure storage for bikes, and we also facilitate ride sharing in Dunedin
- Southern Excellence Awards
- Long Service recognition
- Discounted goods and services with national retailers
- Discounted banking products
- Staff Welfare Trust Holiday Homes
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing checks
- Flu Vaccines
- Staff Cafeterias onsite
- Staff Gym and Squash courts
- Onsite childcare facilities (Dunedin and Wakari Hospital sites)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free shuttle between Hospital sites in Dunedin
- Secure Bike Parking
- Learning and Research Centre
- New Dunedin Hospital clinical focus groups
- Professional Memberships
- Educational webinars and seminars
- Short term accommodation onsite in Southland