Health Promoting Schools
Health Promoting Schools collaborates with school communities and is based on the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi /Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the Ottawa Charter.
Health Promoting Schools (HPS) aims to:
- reduce inequalities in health
- improve well-being and learning outcomes in schools
- empower the school community
- drive sustainable change
HPS advisors from Public Health South
- support school communities to implement the HPS approach.
- provide and participate in professional development
- collaborate with agencies working with schools and local inter sector networks
For more information contact on your local HPS advisor.