This content brought to you by:
WellSouth is the primary health organisation for Otago and Southland. We organise and support primary health care services (general practices) for the district.
Our Vision - Tō Mātou Matawhānui
Better health and wellbeing for the Southern community.
We are WellSouth Primary Health Network
We are WellSouth Primary Health Network. WellSouth is the local primary health organisation for Otago and Southland.
What does a Primary Health Organisation do?
- Organise primary health care services in Otago and Southland.
- Support primary health care providers in the south
- Reduce health disparity and improve access to health care.
- Ensure quick and easy access to primary health care, when you need it.
- Maintain and improve the wellness of all people in Otago and Southland.
- Promote healthy lifestyles.
- Support access to screening and prevention services.
- Work with other health providers to improve integrated care.
- Measure and understand health data, so we can make better funding decisions.
WellSouth offers some clinical services to help General Practice provide better care for you. These services include; clinical pharmacists, counselling, dietitians, falls prevention and long-term condition nurses.
WellSouth is a not-for-profit organisation. We are required to make our Annual Report available for all members of the public.
WellSouth holds its Annual General Meeting (AGM) in November of each year. The public can attend the AGM
Find out about our governance and executive teams.