Work and Income
Work and Income is a service of the Ministry of Social Development. We’re here to help people get the financial assistance they’re entitled to. We have offices and contact centres across New Zealand.
The services we offer include:
Helping people into work
- Workshops and practical advice for getting work.
- Training, seminars or work experience to build up confidence and skills.
- Grants and subsidies to encourage employers to provide work.
- Income support to help people get into, and stay in, work.
- Practical support for people with the right experience to start a business.
One of the ways we help people find work is to support employers who provide work for our clients. If you’re an employer our services include:
- your own Work Broker to help you find the right people
- training and seminars to help our clients get up to speed quickly
- wage subsidies to help with the costs of providing work.
Providing income support
- Benefits for people unable to support themselves.
- Allowances for people on low-to-middle incomes.
- Superannuation for people who are aged 65 years or more.
- Pensions for ex-service people.
There is also a Community Services Card to help with medical costs – and other payments to help out if you have an immediate need for an essential item or service.
We provide a free service.
- Adult / Pakeke
- Older adult / Kaumātua