SPELD NZ is a not-for-profit organisation that specialises in assisting people with dyslexia and other specific learning disabilities. For more than 50 years, we’ve helped many thousands of New Zealand children and adults nationwide.
SPELD NZ methods are research based and proven to greatly enhance educational and cognitive ability.
SPELD NZ offers:
- Detailed diagnostic assessment using the internationally recognised Woodcock-Johnson battery
- One-on-one specialised tuition for children and adults. All SPELD NZ Teachers have completed our Level 5 NZQA-approved training course in specific learning disabilities. They are fully qualified school teachers with classroom experience.
- Training and professional development for assessors, teachers, SENCOs, teacher aides and families
- Subsidies for those with Community Services Card or evidence of financial hardship
- Information, resources, and support
To find out more, download our free information pack.
Read how SPELD NZ has transformed lives>
Costs apply but subsidies are available with a valid Community Services Card or evidence of financial hardship.
We are a charity and receive no government funding. We rely on memberships, donations and fundraising to maintain our services to the community.
- Child / Tamariki
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Adult / Pakeke
- Older adult / Kaumātua