Southland Help - Rape and Abuse Support Centre
Southland Help provides support, counselling, social work and programmes for survivors of sexual abuse and their families
Ages: Women, men and children of all ages
Region: Southland Community
Description: Our mission is to promote the safety and wellbeing of women, children and men through support and education.
All referrals are assessed by our team to determine the most helpful service.
- Our counselling is designed to make you feel safe, supported, respected and able to make informed decisions. All counselling services are FREE.
- Social work is provided to address barriers that a person or family may have to navigating their own healing journey from sexual trauma. This may include referrals, advocacy through other systems and processes and developing strategies to resolve some effects of trauma.
Crisis Help - Operates between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, providing support:
- Working with Medsac through the forensic or therapeutic medical processes
- With referrals for appropriate services
- Accessing resources, including finances, to support your recovery from recent sexual assault
- We have a Play Therapy programme for children who have experienced sexual harm.
- Parents can also be supported through this process to enable the Play Therapy process to be supported in the home environment.
- As part of supporting the survivor, we can provide support to the broader family to support recovery.
- I Am...: adult group based self esteem programme for survivors of sexual abuse
- Screen Safety: adult education around keeping children safe in the online environment
- Self Defence: group based programme delivered by Toa Fighting Systems, in collaboration with Southland Help, providing support to participants around awareness and self-safety
Connections Coffee Group - runs every second week and is an opportunity for survivors to connect and support each other
- We are an ACC Sensitive Claim supplier and have providers that help with sensitive claims counselling.
How to Access:
Call us on 027 468 0007.
For more information you can make a request or referral here.
- Child / Tamariki
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Adult / Pakeke