NZ Familial Gastrointestinal Cancer Service (NZFGCS)
The NZ Familial Gastrointestinal Cancer Service (NZFGCS)
- offers assessment of bowel cancer risk for people with a family history of gastrointestinal cancer
- facilitates the diagnosis of hereditary cancer by confirming the family history
- offers surveillance recommendations
- coordinates surveillance for high-risk families
- offers specialist management advice
- provides information for families on familial GI cancer.
The Service comprises a multidisciplinary team that specialises in the assessment and management of familial gastrointestinal cancer. The team consists of family history assessors, gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, oncologists and geneticists. We work closely with genetic services in New Zealand.
We are a national service funded by the Ministry of Health with offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch:
Auckland (NATIONAL OFFICE)
Auckland City Hospital
Private Bag 92024
Freephone: 0800 554 555
Christchurch Public Hospital
Private Bag 4710
Freephone: 0800 023 445
Private Bag 7902
Wellington South 6242
Freephone: 0800 262 780
For more information about our service please click here.
NZFGCS is a national service and there is no charge for NZ residents.