New Zealand Liver Transplant Unit (NZLTU)
At alert level 4 we are making a number of changes to keep you and our staff safe:
- We are converting outpatient clinic appointments to telephone of video appointments where possible – you’ll be provided with all the information you need.
- We are still seeing patients in person who require urgent appointments. If you have an in person appointment and have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been told by public health to isolate please phone the number on your appointment letter in advance.
- Unfortunately most of our planned surgery is being rescheduled. Acute and critically urgent surgery will still go ahead as usual.
- We are trying to contact our patients to confirm their appointment or to reschedule them.
- Visitor restrictions are in place at the moment – you can visit Auckland DHB website for more information.
The situation is changing so please continue to visit the Auckland DHB website for updates.
The Liver Unit provides the following services for NZ residents:-
- Liver Outpatient Service: hepatology, hepatitis treatment clinics, NAFLD clinic
- Liver Transplant assessment and follow up for transplant patients
- Surgical review of transplant patients/Hepatobiliary referrals should go through General Surgery
- Hepatoma Clinic review/Specialist Radiology Referrals for Hepatoma Radiology Conference (refs received nationally)
- Liver Research Service/currently running variety of trials
- ACC/Medical Reports
- Maternity/Medical Council review by request
Fibroscan by referral from medical practitioner - charge of $238.05
For immigration and non-resident fibroscans, the cost is $238.05 and payment to be made prior to, but on day of fibroscan with the Cashier's office (behind main reception) on Level 5, Auckland City Hospital. This will be confirmed when the fibroscan appointment is made.
Referrals to be e-mailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent in through the ADHB Referrals system
Lions Transplant House, 2 Glasgow Terrace,Grafton provides accommodation for patients pre and post liver transplant.
Patients being assessed for liver transplant surgery will be provided with accommodation if from outside Greater Auckland area
Patients (non-transplant assessment) referred from hospitals outside of Auckland will require travel expenses to be organised by their local travel coordinator.
For general information on Auckland City Hospital (maps, parking, refreshments etc) please click here.