Literacy Aotearoa - Aoraki
Take charge of your life. Our FREE courses can increase your chances of success in life by improving your reading, writing, maths, digital and other vital skills.
Literacy Aotearoa Charitable Trust is a national organisation of adult literacy providers. We deliver free learning services to adults nationwide across 40 sites. We help NZ adults, 16 years and older, realise their potential through learner-centred classes that are focused on developing core life skills. Our tutors are trained literacy educators and all our courses address the literacy and numeracy challenges you may face.
- Literacy and Numeracy - we have courses that will help you improve your reading writing, spelling and maths - for daily life, to get into further training or to make sure you can perform your job well.
- Communication - improve your spoken communication and your English language skills. Become a confident communicator and accurate listener.
- Work Readiness - your road to employment: build a strong CV, interview preparation, rights and responsibilities … and more.
- Driver Education - tutor support to prepare for sitting your Learner Licence online test. We may also be able to help you prepare for specialist licence endorsements.
- Financing my Future - assisting you to become financially capable: budgeting/planning, banking, saving and debt, financial goal setting.
- Digital & Computer Skills - beginners, intermediate and advanced, documents, spreadsheets, smartphones, tablet use, using apps.
- Well Steps - healthy lifestyle skills: healthcare, nutrition, fitness, stress, family health and related matters.
- Te Reo, NZ Sign Language - these two courses address two of our national languages. Depending on tutor availability, these may be available in your local area. Just ask us.
- Workplace Training - we welcome workers into community classes, but also offer fully-funded group classes in the workplace aimed at improving staff performance and satisfaction.
- Employers - we can help your business and your staff by getting teams of employees up to the same level and making sure staff can handle the demands of job tasks.
We are committed to helping you in the way that suits you best. You will learn in a small group with individual support from trained tutors, using methods that work.
We run four Terms - programmes vary between our 40 sites, so please call and ask about upcoming classes.
Our courses are free to NZ citizens and residents, over 16 years of age.
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Adult / Pakeke
- Older adult / Kaumātua