Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Trust NZ
GRG is a charitable trust providing support to grandparents and other whanau / kin caregivers who are raising their grandchildren/whanau children full-time in New Zealand since 2001.
COVID-19 Update: GRG is also an essential services provider in the Social Services sector and continues to provide support, information and advocacy services via phone, email, social media and video conferencing. Our caregiver education workshops are suspended under Alert Levels 3 & 4, with limited available under Level 2, and resuming their regular schedule under Level 1. Our website at www.grg.org.nz contains helpful information for caregivers at this time. See our COVID-19 information pages.
Our objective is to support and empower families to achieve positive life outcomes through support services and education programmes that help to protect, preserve and promote the wellbeing and stability of children and their grandparents/kin carers in circumstances where they cannot be raised by their parent/s.
Our National Support Office services include:
- an 0800 GRANDS (0800 472637) helpline
- Outreach and Advocacy Service for caregivers needing help navigating issues that may involve Oranga Tamariki, Work and Income, Family Court, Mental Health
- Bi-monthly newsletter via email and post
- New member caregiver information packs
- Website and Facebook information and contact us/messaging service for enquiries
- Emergency care packs
- Caregiver education workshops
Throughout New Zealand we also have local volunteer GRG Support Coordinators who provide support to members.
Click here for more information about support in your area.
- Child / Tamariki
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Older adult / Kaumātua
- Adult / Pakeke