Donald Beasley Institute
The Institute aims to advance the health and wellbeing of people with learning (intellectual) disability in New Zealand through applied research, evaluation and education.
We seek to achieve this broad aim by:
- Understanding the lived experiences of disabled people, recognising cultural diversity, gender and age
- Generating evidence-based research that can be used to inform the development and delivery of responsive support
- Conducting transformative research and evaluation meaningful to disabled people, families and disability services
- Building research capacity through collaboration with disabled people and the disability community
- Disseminating accessible and evidence-based research and education.
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Adult / Pakeke