Cystic Fibrosis New Zealand
The aims of Cystic Fibrosis New Zealand (CFNZ) are to ensure improved life expectancy and a better quality of life for people with cystic fibrosis (CF) and their families; and through research to achieve better control and management of the condition.
The activities of CFNZ include:
- providing an information service about CF
- publishing booklets, brochures and other printed material about CF
- communication and education through newsletters, conferences and a website
- promoting public awareness of CF
- providing educational assistance for people with CF, and opportunities for their families and health professionals to learn about management of, and therapies for, CF
- providing an effective lobby to government and social service agencies on behalf of the CF community
- providing practical support for people with CF and their families via CFNZ fieldworkers, the funding of medical equipment, assistance with physical activity, transplant grants, scholarships and awards
- funding of CF research
- raising funds to ensure that a full range of services can be developed and maintained.
- Child / Tamariki
- Adult / Pakeke