Central Lakes Family Services
Support services for anyone who has experienced sexual abuse, current or historic, including support through the medical examination process following sexual assault. Counselling support for survivors of sexual abuse; information and resources for family and friends.
Ages: Youth, Women and Men. Counselling support for children, and support for parents/caregivers of children who have been sexually abused or assaulted. Children requiring a medical examination are referred to trained paediatric specialists at Dunedin Hospital.
Region: Queenstown, Wanaka, Cromwell, Alexandra and surrounds.
CLFS provides a range of support services for anyone affected by sexual harm. We support those who are self referred, referred by Police and medical sexual assault specialists. Services provided include:
- Crisis telephone support for those impacted by sexual harm Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- Telephone and face-to-face support for those impacted by current and/or historic sexual abuse/assault.
- Support through the medical examination process, Police statements and interviews, and court hearings/trials.
- Information and resources to clients, their friends and family.
- Referrals to ACC Sensitive Claims counsellors and other health professionals where appropriate, including in other regions/countries to ensure continuity of care if clients move out of our area.
- We can liaise with anyone the client wishes us to liaise with to assist their recovery, e.g., mental health services, WINZ, employers, family members, friends, Police and ACC.
All sexual harm services are FREE
Other Services Provided:
We provide family violence services for adults, youth and children currently experiencing family violence, are affected by past family violence or using family violence within their family. These services include:
- Crisis Support
- Safety programmes and non-violence programmes - see here for more information
- Social work - general support and advocacy
- Needs assessment and safety planning services
- Support for mild to moderate mental health issues for children
- Community education and training packages - see here for more information
- Parenting support and programmes; Pregnancy and You programme
- Whanau Protect Home Safety Service
For information on services provided at Queenstown Lakes Family Centre see here
How to Access:
The quickest way to get a medical examination is to call 111 or your local Police and they will contact us to support you.
Call FREE 0508 440 255 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Visit our Facebook
See our website
- Child / Tamariki
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Adult / Pakeke
- Older adult / Kaumātua