Central Lakes Family Services
We provide a range of social services to support families and individuals experiencing family violence, sexual harm, parenting programmes, perinatal supports and Ministry of Justice approved programmes.
Sexual harm support:
Support services for anyone who has experienced sexual abuse, current or historic, including support through the medical examination process following sexual assault. Counselling support for survivors of sexual abuse; information and resources for family and friends.
How to access: The quickest way to get a medical examination is to call 111 or your local Police and they will contact us to support you.
Family violence support:
We provide family violence services for adults, youth and children currently experiencing family violence, are affected by past family violence or using family violence within their family. These services include:
- Crisis Support
- Safety programmes and non-violence programmes - see here for more information
- Social work - general support and advocacy
- Needs assessment and safety planning services
- Support for mild to moderate mental health issues for children
- Community education and training packages - see here for more information
- Parenting support and programmes; Pregnancy and You programme
- Whanau Protect Home Safety Service
- Child / Tamariki
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Adult / Pakeke
- Older adult / Kaumātua