Lakes District Hospital, Queenstown
Lakes District Hospital consists of 21 beds, with a mix of maternity, hospital level elderly care and acute medical. The popular tourist destination has 1 million visitors to the district annually
Queenstown is situated 181 km north of Invercargill City (approximately 2 hours 10 min drive) and is part of the Queenstown Lakes District in Central Otago. Lakes District Hospital consists of 21 beds, with a mix of maternity, hospital level elderly care and acute medical. The popular tourist destination has 1 million visitors to the district annually, with a permanent population of 23,000.
Services provided include:
- 6 Disability Support Services (DSS) Long Stay Elderly Hospital Care beds
- 10 beds for Inpatient Acute Care
- 5 Maternity beds
- Level 2 emergency service that provides assessment and stabilisation
- Outpatient Clinics and Day Surgery
- 10 Specialists visit Lakes District Hospital to provide outpatient clinics and day surgery for minor procedures.
- Allied Health Services physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social work, speech language therapy and district nursing.
- Diagnostic services of radiology, CT, bed-side ultrasound, X-Ray and laboratory are also provided. We have digital radiology at the hospital
- District Nursing
- Mental Health Services are co-located to the hospital and provide a wide range of services
Within the hospital, there is a multidisciplinary team structure as well as good linkages with the local GPs, aged residential care facility (which is colocated in the same premises), needs assessment and service coordination and midwifery staff (there is a primary birthing unit at the hospital). There are also strong linkages with Southland Hospital for secondary level services and Dunedin Hospital who provide tertiary services. Staff are attracted to Queenstown (New Zealand’s adventure capital) for the outdoor oriented activities including mountain and road biking, skiing, rock climbing, tramping, camping, kayaking, and other endurance sports.
We have opportunities for:
- Medical Officers Special Scale
- Nurses with at least 3 years experience (preferably in ED, ICU, CCU, theatre)
- Allied health professionals