Clutha Health First, Balclutha
Clutha Health First Hospital opened in 1998 and is a modern hospital consisting of 15 medical inpatient beds and 2 maternity beds.
Clutha Health First is a community owned integrated Hospital and Health Centre based in Balclutha, 60 minutes south of Dunedin in the South Island of New Zealand. The Clutha District with a population of 17,000 is served by Clutha Health First, the only acute hospital in Balclutha.
The Health Centre incorporates the Hospital as well as a large General Practice Group. We are located in the middle of town and a large Rest Home is located next door.
Within our facility there are 15 Inpatient beds which provide a wide variety of acute medical, stabilisation, resuscitation and rehabilitation services, together with a specialised palliative care/family room.
We also have a wide range of Community Services, an Outpatient Department and a primary Maternity Centre.
Other services provided from the hospital (by Clutha Health First or other provider):
- Occupational Therapy
- District Nursing
- Outpatients Clinics with specialists visiting from Dunedin Public Hospital
- Social Worker
- Needs Assessment Coordination Services
- Midwifery Services based at the Hospital and practicing in the community
- Day Hospital for the Elderly
- Xray & Ultra sound
- Mental Health Services
- Public Health Nursing
- 5 Doctor General Practitioners Practice
- Mobile Surgical Services Operating Theatre visits regularly throughout the year
Clutha Health First offers health professionals the opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive environment where professional development and educational activities are encouraged. We offer competitive pay rates, flexible working hours and workloads that enable staff to have time to spend with their patients and families.
Clutha Health First is a Rural Teaching Centre for the University of Otago. The 5th year medical students spend their entire academic year with us as part of the Rural Medical Immersion Programme. Medical Officers assist in the teaching of those students and become a member of the University faculty.
- Medical Officers
- Nurses – Registered and Enrolled
- Midwives (Lead Maternity Carers and Core)
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists Employment opportunities are also offered by other providers at our hospital include:
- General Practitioner
- Laboratory Technicians
Contact Person Ray Anton, Manager
Tel: +64 3 419 0500
Find out more about Clutha Health First