West Otago Health Medical Centre
West Otago Health is a community owned general practice and rest home. We provide a wide range of services at our clinic such as family medicine, community nursing, midwife, physiotherapy, podiatry and we have specialists visit on a monthly basis.
We work in a professional, but casual manner, which fits our vision of care in the community.
Our team is made up of 1 GP (see details below under “General Practitioners”) and:
Practice Manager: Karen McHutchon (Registered Nurse)
Financial Administrator: Julia Body
Nursing Staff: Emily Street (Registered Nurse), Donna Pringle (Registered Nurse), Dawn Jarvis (District Nurse), Nicola Chittock ( DIstrict Nurse ) and Heather Park (Enrolled Nurse)
Receptionist: Bess Thomson, Kristin Calder and Heather Park (Enrolled Nurse)
- Anyone currently eligible can access
- Make an appointment
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine is an important step you can take to protect yourself, your kaumātua and whānau from the effects of the virus. For more information on the COVID-19 vaccines and eligibility visit Ministry of Health - COVID-19 vaccines
The majority of routine vaccinations can now be administered before, after, or at the same time as your COVID-19 vaccinations. The exception to this is the Zostavax (shingles) vaccine where a 7-day gap before or after receiving the Pfizer COVID-19 is advised. If you have any questions, please discuss with your health provider.
To make an appointment use the booking link below or call the COVID Vaccination Healthline on 0800 28 29 26.
- The fees quoted above relate to patients enrolled with West Otago Health only.
- The payable fee relates to a standard 15 minute consultation during normal working hours, Monday to Friday inclusive.
- If the duration of the consultation is greater than 15 minutes, an extended consultation fee of $75 will apply.
ACCIDENT COMPENSATION CORPORATION (ACC) (with any provider)
|Age Group||Patient Co-payment|
|65 Years and over||$30|
- The fees quoted above relate to any consultation covered by ACC
- You do not have to be enrolled with West Otago Health to access services funded by ACC. Therefore, the fees above relate to everyone, irrespective of if you are enrolled with West Otago Health, or not.
CASUAL PATIENT CONSULTANT (with any provider)
Holder of a Community Services Card or High User Health Card
|18 Years and over||$100||$80|
- The fees quoted above relate to patients who utilise the services of West Otago Health on a casual basis and/or are registered with a medical practice elsewhere.
- The fee payable relates to a standard 15 minute consultation during normal working hours, Monday to Friday inclusive.
- If the duration of the consultation is greater than 15 minutes, an extended consultation fee will apply.