Southland Hospital, Invercargill
Southland Hospital is a Southern DHB hospital in Invercargill, providing specialist care for our community.
Southland Hospital has acute medical and surgical, outpatient clinics, day procedures and a 24-hour emergency department. Find out more about accessing these services here.
Visiting hours at Southland Hospital are 2:00pm – 8:00pm daily (please avoid meal times at 5:00pm). These hours apply to immediate family (whānau), extended family and friends of the patient.
The following wards have special visiting guidelines:
- Critical Care Unit allows immediate family only to visit at any time except between 2:00pm – 4:00pm.
- Inpatient Mental Health Unit 7:00am – 8:00pm.
- Children's Ward allows parents / caregivers to visit at all times. Visiting hours for friends and other relatives are 2:00pm – 8:00pm daily.
- Surgical Ward has open visiting hours.
The general 2:00pm – 8:00pm hospital visiting hours are in place to support the provision of safe and effective health care to all patients, while also allowing visitors to spend quality time with family or friends in hospital.
Clearly there will always be exceptions to the 2:00pm - 8:00pm visiting hours for patients who are seriously ill or who have other extenuating circumstances. Please discuss with the clinical nurse / midwife manager, midwife or nurse co-ordinator to arrange visiting at other times.
Hospital services are free for those eligible for public health services in New Zealand. Find out more here.
Are you infectious?
If you have cold or flu symptoms or other infectious illness such as chicken pox or measles, please telephone:
- Dunedin Admissions Office: (03) 470 9322 - Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm.
Compliments and Complaints
The staff of Southern DHB welcome feedback. Find out more here.