Southern DHB Adolescent Oral Health Service
The service offers FREE basic dental care, to adolescents who meet the eligibility criteria for publicly funded health and disability services, from Year 9 until their 18th birthday, regardless of whether at school or in paid employment.
Basic dental care includes:
- An annual check up
- Oral health advice and encouragement for good oral health
- Examination and dental X-rays, if necessary
- Preventative treatment, such as topical fluoride and fissure sealants (coatings)
- Restorations (fillings) and extractions
Please note: Orthodontic treatment (straightening of teeth using braces) is not provided.
To receive free basic dental care, Adolescents (teens) are required to enrol with a provider.
To find an Adolescent (teen) provider, click on the area nearest you:
Please note: some providers only accept Adolescents (teens) IF a family member already attends the practice annually.
To find out more or to enrol in the Community Oral Health Service, please contact:
You can access any of our oral health services by getting in touch with any of our clinicians and discussing the care you need.
Govt funded dental care
- Adolescents – aged 13 - 17