Pacific Radiology - Otago and Southland
- Marinoto Clinic, Mercy Hospital
- 7 Bond St, Consultancy House
- 160 Great King St, City Centre
- Invercargill, 2 - 10 Dee St
- Gore Hospital, Gore
- Balclutha, Clutha Health First
- Queenstown, Medical Centre
- Frankton, 17 Red Oaks Drive
- Wanaka, Wanaka Lakes Health Centre
- Cromwell Medical Centre
Pacific Radiology provides publicly funded examinations under contracts with the Southern District Health Board and Hospital Trusts at Gore Hospital and Balclutha Hospital (Clutha Health First). We also provide offsite reporting services to Oamaru and Dunstan Hospitals.
Pacific Radiology perform examinations for ACC and under the Maternity Benefit Scheme. These examinations are part funded only. Most patients will pay a small surcharge.
- diagnose disease states, such as cancer or heart disease
- show the extent of injury to body structures
- provide treatments (interventional radiology)
- assist in the management of normal or complex pregnancy
- screen for the detection of abnormalities in well patients such as for breast cancer, aortic aneurysm, osteoporosis and foetal defects.
Originally X-rays were the only means of producing the images and are used in Plain and Special X-ray, Mammography, DEXA and Computer Tomography (CT). Other modalities are Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
Prices are an indication only and patients may be eligible for discounts. Some examinations may be free. Please talk to the receptionist to confirm pricing.