Look Good Feel Better
Any Person - Any Cancer - Any Time
At Look Good Feel Better our FREE classes are for any person, facing any cancer, at any time in your treatment to help you feel a sense of control and normality.
Treatment can affect your sense of self and make you feel like a patient and not a person.
A Feel Better class is a warm, inclusive environment that can lift your spirit and show you ways to disguise how you may be feeling.
Our classes are a chance to connect and spend time with people who understand what you are going through. Everyone's treatment is different. You will sit around a table with many cancers but one community.
97% of participants recommend a class to others. 98% are satisfied or very satisfied with their experience.
There are four class formats to suit different needs.
Women's - Men's - Teens' - Live Online
To find out more about the different classes go online to our website www.lgfb.co.nz
Our free two-hour women's class is a chance to have fun, relax and learn:
- How to look after your skin during treatment
- Practical tips, tools and make-up techniques to take away and help you face cancer with confidence
- Relaxation breathing techniques
- Advice for those experiencing hair loss
It is for women of all ages, those who have lost hair, those who have kept it, newly diagnosed, starting treatment or finishing treatment. Any cancer, at any stage.
- Brow Focus - step-by-step classes on how to fill in thinning brows to recreate a natural-looking brow.
- Managing Hair Loss and Regrowth - expert advice and support on what to expect when you are losing your hair. Advice on cutting and colouring your hair, caring for your scalp and hair products to use.
- Hand and Nail Care - dedicated class focusing on practical tips and techniques for your hand and nail care.
- Headwear and Scarf Tying - step-by-step guidance on how to tie scarves and other materials into simple yet stylish headwear.
- Skincare and Makeup - advice, practical tips and techniques on skincare, brows and makeup.
- Wigs and Headwear - expert advice on choosing a wig, wig care and styling tips.
- Live Online video classes for men with cancer featuring a specially selected guest speaker.
- Men with cancer learn how to look after themselves, feel stronger, and more in control.
- Our men's classes provide you with practical tips & advice to help care for your skin, hair, body and mind so that you can get on with life during and after treatment.
- Special classes for young adults nationwide.
- The class brings together teens to learn some great tips and techniques to help with some of the side effects that cancer treatment can have.
- Teens classes are fun, free and hands-on.
- Run on a requested basis all over the country, for more information please contact us.
0800 865 432
Clare O'Higgins, General Manager
Sharon Henaghan, Patient Services
0800 865 432
Our service is FREE for any person, with any cancer, at any stage.
There is no requirement to be in active treatment or to have suffered hair loss.
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Adult / Pakeke
- Older adult / Kaumātua