Glaucoma New Zealand
Glaucoma New Zealand is a non-government funded charitable trust established in 2002 with a mission to eliminate blindness from glaucoma. We do this through nationwide awareness and education initiatives as well as supporting New Zealand based research.
Glaucoma NZ’s activities include:
- Annual public awareness campaign to aid early detection of glaucoma
- Regular public meetings to educate people with glaucoma and those with an interest in glaucoma, to help them understand more about the disease and treatments
- A glaucoma membership information package (membership is free)
- “Eyelights” publication – a regular newsletter sent free to our members
- Supporting and informing people with glaucoma
- Participating in education of health professionals involved in glaucoma care
- Supporting research into glaucoma.
- Older adult / Kaumātua
- Child / Tamariki
- Adult / Pakeke