Community Connections Centre
The Community Connections Centre (operating under Community Networking Trust) is a community house where you can access social services and support. We support the Eastern Southland region.
The following services are provided at the Community Connections Centre:
- Heartland Services - access for the general public to Government and community agencies and services.
- Strengthening Families - case management process for families working with multiple agencies.
- Youth Worker - a strengths-based, client focused approach to empowering young people (aged 5-18), removing barriers and providing advocacy.
- Hokonui Huanui - community led initiative supporting young people and their whanau from 0-24years of age to achieve positive outcomes via three workstreams: Family/Whanau Navigator, Learning 2 Earning service; and health and wellbeing
- Community Connector - supporting people to access services and groups
- Family/Whanau Navigators - available to work 1:1 with families/whānau who have children aged 0-18, and are living in the Eastern Southland District. Our focus is to provide navigational support to ensure families/whānau are connected with the services, agencies, and supports they need to have positive outcomes.
To access our services, or for further information please visit our website for a referral form, or to contact us directly.
We also provide information around other social and support services, and are to happy to assist with making appointments where needed.
We facilitate monthly community liaison meetings for agencies and organisations working in the local community, as well as lead and participate in various community projects.
Services are free
- Child / Tamariki
- Youth / Rangatahi
- Adult / Pakeke
- Older adult / Kaumātua