Specialist Dental Services
Our services include:
- Emergency pain relief clinics
- Primary care (community dental services for adults with disabilities and children)
- Secondary (hospital) services for medically compromised patients including cardiac, oncology, respiratory and immunocompromised patients.
- Cleft lip and palate and orthodontics (for craniofacial and cleft lip and palate patients only)
- Tertiary services (complex hospital) in both inpatient and outpatient settings across Otago/Southland
- After hours on-call regional acute service for oral surgery for treatment of acute trauma.
Mobile Dental Facility
The DHB has a mobile dental surgery unit that provides general anesthetic to children under the age of 18. This can be accessed through general enquiries with the child’s school or clinician. The unit services both Otago and Southland.
We have providers covering the Southern Region, you can find your closest service provider using Health Point and the links provided
Southern District Providers: