Embedding Smokefree in the Workplace
To help New Zealand reach the smokefree 2025 goal, support and leadership is required from workplaces. We are asking that organisations review current policy and practice and develop a staged process to contribute to achieving a smokefree New Zealand by 2025.
There are many ways that we can work together to create supportive smokefree environments and these are detailed below. The Smokefree team can assist with:
- writing smokefree policies (and including action related to this in performance appraisals)
- providing smokefree logos and by-line snippets for newsletters, payslips and orientation packs
- providing a wide range of free smokefree posters and pamphlets for workplaces to access and use at events and in staff packs
- educating smokefree champions in the workplace
- helping workplaces access free smokefree signage
Employers are obligated to provide healthy environments for their staff and clients. By working to progress smokefree workplaces will be contributing to the 2025 goal and at the same time promoting a healthy and safe environment for all.