The design brief for the Southern Health brand is completed - in this blog post we summarise some of the underlying goals and principles.
Southern Health is a new brand aiming to create a greater sense of unity and shared purpose across health care providers, and help the health system make more sense for users.
The new brand has several key roles to play:
- Show health providers as all belonging to the same health system, working together to make a difference for our community
- Reflect our organisational values - Kind/Manaakitanga, Open/Pono, Positive/ Whaiwhakaaro and Community/ Whanaungatanga
- Reflect the attributes people have told us they want to see in our health system: including that we are kind and caring, and deliver high quality, equitable care
- Bring together primary and secondary health care providers under a single banner and expectation for service
- Demonstrate our commitment for wellness and well-being for all our diverse communities, across our large geographic area.
Visually, the Southern Health brand will sit alongside a number of brands (such as Southern DHB and WellSouth), so it will need to complement them without being too similar.
The overall look and feel should be fresh, professional, and inclusive.