If you haven't had your two doses of the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine, or you are not sure, get your FREE immunisation now.
Measles is a serious and highly-contagious illness. Getting immunised is the best way to protect you, your whānau and the community from catching and spreading measles.
Two doses of the MMR vaccine will protect 99% of people against measles. We can stop outbreaks of measles if enough people have their MMR vaccination.
Anyone born in or after January 1969 is eligible for two free MMR doses. Those born before then are already considered immune.
To find out if you've had two doses of MMR, check your WellChild book (or Plunket book) or ask your doctor. If you can't find out for sure, then play it safe and get vaccinated. There are no safety concerns with having additional MMR doses.
You can also have your MMR vaccine at the same time as your COVID-19 or influenza vaccine.
You can get your FREE catch-up vaccinations now from
- your GP
- participating pharmacies (listed below)
- participating Māori and Pasifika providers
- the Dunedin Immunisation Centre, corner of Hanover and Castle Streets
- the Civic Theatre Vaccination Centre in Invercargill.
MMR is also part of the childhood immunisation schedule, with doses at 12 months and 15 months.
- Albany Street Pharmacy
- Anderson's Exchange Pharmacy
- Antidote Meridian
- Antidote Gardens
- Antidote Macandrew
- Caversham Pharmacy
- Centre City Pharmacy
- Countdown Pharmacy Dunedin
- Larson's Pharmacy
- McNaughton's Pharmacy
- Roslyn Pharmacy
- Unichem Central Pharmacy Mosgiel
- Unichem Knox Pharmacy
- Don Street Pharmacy
- Unichem UFS Pharmacy
- Unichem South City Pharmacy
- Waikiwi Pharmacy
- Windsor Pharmacy
- North Otago Dispensary
- Unichem Northend Pharmacy
- Unichem Alexandra Medical Pharmacy
- Unichem Alexandra Pharmacy and Bookshop
- Antidote Cromwell
- Aspiring Pharmacy Wānaka
- Antidote Queenstown
- Five Mile Pharmacy Queenstown
- Life Pharmacy Wilkinsons
- Unichem Remarkables Pharmacy
- Bates Pharmacy
- Life Pharmacy La Hood's
- Unichem Quin's Gore Pharmacy
- Riverton Pharmacy